Cat flea treatments are an easy way to save the pet from annoying pests and constant scratching. But the basic problem with flea treatments is that most of them kill parasites by spreading in pet's blood. They enter into fleas when fleas bite the pet and suck their blood.
This makes the pet suffer from painful flea bites. Apart from the pain, there is also an issue of allergies, skin and coat diseases and tapeworm infection caused by biting fleas. If not treated then it may result in severe diseases.
To resolve this, one should opt for topical treatments that kill parasites by contact. One of the most popular spot-on treatments that kill fleas in this manner is Advantage for cats. Manufactured by Bayer, Advantage contains Imidacloprid as the active ingredient. Being a neurotoxin, Imidacloprid attacks the nervous system of the pet and kills them before they bite the pet’s skin. It gets stored inside the pet’s hair follicles and is released for one month, during which it kills fleas and flea larva that come in contact.
If you want to save your pet from flea bites then Advantage would be a good choice.
Advantage is a popular Cat Flea Treatment for number of reasons:
- It stays for a month long
- Remains effective even in water
- Kills by contact
- Saves the pet from painful flea bites
- Prevents flea allergy dermatitis
- Prevents tapeworm infection
- Destroys fleas and flea larvae
- Minimizes chances of future infestations
Specifications of Advantage flea treatment for cats:
- Mode of administration: Topical
- Prescription required: No, it is OTC
- Frequency of usage: Monthly
- Target parasites: Fleas, flea larvae
- Additional benefits: Saves the pet from flea bites
- Active ingredients: Imidacloprid
- Valid for: 8 weeks and older kittens and cats
Concerns while using Advantage for kittens and cats:
- Pet should be 8 weeks and above
- Not for pets allergic to the ingredients
- You need to keep the treated pet separate from other pets and children
Advantage topical flea treatment is ideal for 8 weeks and older kittens and cats. It kills by contact and thus saves the pet from pain and diseases caused by flea bites. A monthly dosage, it keeps flea infestations at bay for 30 days. If you want to protect your pet from flea bites then giving it a shot would be an apt decision. Think, decide and Buy!